Eligibility Criteria for CUET 2023
Dec 01, 2022, 16:45 IST
The Education Ministry announced the conduction of a Common University Entrance Test (CUET) at the beginning of the academic year 2022-23, as a major step toward revamping UG admissions in the country. The CUET 2022 was attended by 90 universities, 45 of which were central. The next edition will see a significant increase in participation, with 100+ universities expected to attend CUET 2023.
Even before filling out the application form, you should review the CUET eligibility criteria. It is a set of criteria that you must meet to take the test, including educational qualification, age limit, and nationality.
|Table of Content|
The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts an all-India examination called the Common University Entrance Test (CUET) for students seeking admission to various programs at participating Central Universities. It offers students a single-window admissions opportunity to these participating universities across the country, making admissions more streamlined and student-friendly, and eliminating entrance exams of varying difficulty levels.
The CUET entrance test is required for admission to undergraduate courses at any of the 90 CUET universities.
Admissions are solely based on your performance in the entrance exam, so you must prepare thoroughly. The top five universities for CUET eligibility criteria for various UG courses in 2023 are DU, AMU, BHU, JMI, and JMU. Because there are 85 other universities that offer admission through CUET, we recommend that you visit their respective official websites as well as the official website to determine your eligibility to take the CUET.
|Delhi University (DU)||
The University of Delhi is one of the country's top universities. Admission to undergraduate courses at Delhi University will be solely based on Common Universities Entrance Test (CUET) scores beginning with the academic session 2022-2023. According to the eligibility criteria, you must have taken all four CUET exams and received minimum qualifying marks in the language test.
|Banaras Hindu University (BHU)||
The general CUET BHU Eligibility Criteria are divided into four parameters, which are explained further below. However, the criteria for each university program differ-
|Aligarh Muslim University (AMU)||
Aligarh Muslim University is a leading and vibrant institution for excellence in teaching, research, and innovation. To be considered for admission to AMU, you must meet the following CUET AMU eligibility requirements-
|Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)||
JNU, as we all know, is a world-renowned center for teaching and research. Based on scores, the university offers a variety of undergraduate courses. To be admitted to your desired course at the university, you must meet the following eligibility criteria in 2023.
|Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI)||
To be eligible for admission to Jamia Millia Islamia University, you must meet the following eligibility criteria in 2023-
The CUET PG examination was completed successfully, and the results were also released. Examine the CUET eligibility criteria in 2023 for PG courses to learn more about the post-graduate programs offered by various central universities. The age limit for the CUET exam for PG courses must be obtained by visiting the colleges to which you want to apply.
The following are the eligibility criteria-
- Applicants in the general category must have a graduation grade point average of 55% from a recognized university.
- Applicants from the SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD categories must have a graduation grade point average of 50% from a recognized university.
According to the brochure, a total of twenty-one central and state-based universities will accept admission based on the CUET PG LLM scorecard. As a result, you should double-check that you have met all of the requirements before submitting your application.
The CUET PG Eligibility Criteria 2023 are listed in the table below -
|M.B.A in Agribusiness||A Bachelor's degree from a recognized university in Agriculture related/Humanities, Social Sciences, Pure Sciences, Commerce, Management, Engineering, Design and Planning, and Rural Management etc with at least 55% marks for General/OBC candidates and 50% marks for SC/ST candidates.|
|M.A/M.Sc in Applied Criminology and Police Studies||Bachelor's degree in any discipline with at least 55% marks in aggregate. Candidates from the SC/ST/PH categories are given a 5% relaxation.|
|M.Sc in Biochemistry||B.Sc (Hons.)/B.Sc in Botany/Microbiology/ Biochemistry/Biotechnology/ Life Sciences/ Zoology/Chemistry or B.VOC in Biomedical Sciences/ Industrial Waste Management with at least 50% marks aggregate is required. Candidates from the SC/ST/PH categories are given a 5% relaxation.|
|M.Sc in Biotechnology|
|M.B.A||Has a Bachelor's degree or any other degree from a recognized university (or) Passed the Institute of Chartered Accountants, Cost and Works Accountants, or Company Secretaries final exam (or) A.M.I.E. was passed|
|M.Com||B.com (Hons.)/B.Com with at least 50% aggregate marks is required. Candidates from the SC/ST/PH categories are given a 5% relaxation. (or) B.A. (Hons.) Economics with at least 50% overall. Candidates from the SC/ST/PH categories are given a 5% relaxation. or B.B.S/B.B.A/B.F.I.A/B.B.E/B.VOC in Retail and Logistics Management with at least 60% in aggregate.|
|LL.M||Must have an LL.B degree from a university recognized by the Bar Council of India (BCI) with at least 50% marks or an equivalent grade/CGPA Reservations are available for reserved category candidates by CUJ guidelines.|
|M.A./M.Sc in Psychology||Graduation in any discipline with at least 50% marks in aggregate. Candidates from the SC/ST/PWD/OBC categories are given a 5% relaxation.|
|M.P.A (Theatre/Music/Dance/Drama)||Graduation in any discipline with Performing Arts as one of the subjects, with at least 55% marks in aggregate. Candidates from the SC/ST/PWD/OBC categories are given a 5% relaxation.|
|Master of Public Health (M.P.H)||MBBS/ BDS/ B.Sc Nursing/ any branch of Engineering/ B.Pharm/ Bachelor of Physiotherapy/ B Ayush/ B.Vety/ MSW/ Economics/ Policy Science/ Sociology/ Nutrition/ Development Economics/ Public Administration/ Psychology/law is required.|
- Ph.D. courses, like PG courses, are included, and NTA accepts applications through CUET. The following are the expected CUET eligibility criteria for Ph.D. courses in 2023.
- You must have a Master's degree in any field with a minimum of 55% in the General category, 50% in the OBC category, and 45% in the SC/ ST/ PWD category.
- If you have passed the UGC-CSIR JRF, GATE, NBHM, or any other National level exam, you are exempt from taking the entrance exam.
- Unless the college specifies a specific age criterion, the CUET exam age limit is not specified in general.
- In this article, we hope that the information provided above about CUET eligibility criteria is useful. Download the PW App for more information regarding the exam .Pick out the most suitable ones accordingly.
- Also, check the exam pattern before going for the CUET exam. If you have any queries then feel free to ask in the comment section.
Q1. Will the CUET Eligibility Criteria apply to all universities?
Ans. No, the eligibility criteria will differ for each participating university and will be determined by the programs.
Q2. What are the eligibility requirements for CUET UG courses?
Ans. The eligibility requirements for UG Courses vary by participating university. You can read the post above to learn about the course-specific eligibility for various colleges.
Q3. Is there a reservation for the SC/ST category in the CUET exam?
Ans. Yes, According to the official notification, each participating university provides reservation for the SC/ST category under the Government of India rules.
Q4. Can droppers take the CUET exam in 2023?
Ans. According to the official announcement, the dropper may also apply for the NTA CUET 2022 Exam. They must, however, meet the criteria for age and education qualification.
- All About Cuet: Registration, Application Form. Eligibility Criteria
- CUET Admit Card Download: Step-by-Step Guide to Obtaining Your Hall Ticket
- CUET PG 2023- Exploring Post graduate Programs And Admission Process
- How To Prepare Vocabulary For CUET
- CUET 2023 Exam Date, Eligibility Criteria
- CUET UG 2023 - Tips to score well in Political Science paper
- DU announces eligibility criteria for next academic session (UG Courses)
- Know some best Tips and Tricks for CUET 2023
- Booklist for CUET Preparation, Tips, and Strategies
- CUET UG 2023 - Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Eligibility Criteria,