The NEET 2023 application form window will be reopened by the National Testing Agency (NTA) at neet.ntanic.in. Candidates who still need to register for NEET UG or need help completing their registration can complete the process by April 13 (11:30 PM). A direct link for NEET UG 2023 registration will be provided soon.
Click here to access NEET 2023 Information Brochure.
According to reports, more than 21 lakh candidates have registered for the NEET exam scheduled to be held on May 7, 2023. The NEET 2023 application form became available on March 6th.To complete the submission process, candidates must register, provide personal details, select question medium and exam cities, provide education and upload images and documents. To successfully submit the form, it is necessary to pay the application fee according to the category.
Conducted in pencil and paper mode, the NEET exam is meant for candidates who fulfil the NEET 2023 eligibility criteria and want to pursue MBBS and BDS courses. This article contains information about NEET 2023 registration start date, form-filling process, required documents, application fees and other relevant details.
When is the last date to submit NEET 2023 application form?
NEET UG 2023 application deadline has been extended to April 13. Candidates are advised to monitor neet.nta.nic.in, the NEET registration website regularly to get the latest information about the last date for submitting the NEET 2023 application form.
Important Dates for NEET 2023 Application Form
Trends in NEET 2023 Online Application Start Date Compared to Exam Date – Annual Analysis
Eligibility Criteria for NTA NEET 2023 Application Form
NEET 2023 Eligibility Criteria for Application Form - Check Here Before Applying
Eligibility Criteria for NEET 2023
Documents Required for NEET 2023 Application Form
While filling NEET UG 2023 application form, candidates must be ready to upload various documents, including passport size photograph, left and right thumb and fingerprints, signature, postcard size photograph and other necessary documents. The table below details the specifications for uploading documents in the NEET 2023 application form. Candidates should have the following documents available before starting the application process:
- A valid mobile number
- A valid email address
- Details for class 10 and class 12 (mark sheet, report card, roll number, school address etc.)
- Correct spelling of father's and mother's name
- Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits only)
- Board/Electoral Card Issued Class 12 Number (EPIC No.), Passport Number, Ration Card Number, Bank Account Number or any other valid Government Identification Number
- The application requires scanned copies of a passport-sized photograph, signature, left-hand thumb impression, Class 10 driving license certificate, and another passport-sized photograph (the specifications are in the table below).
- Credit/Debit Card, Internet Banking and UPI payment gateway details (for online payments)
Identity Proof Requirements for NEET Application Form
NEET 2023 application form process
NEET registration 2023
Filling in the application form for the NEET 2023 exam
Uploading of scanned images
NEET application fee payment
Printing of confirmation page
Steps to fill out NEET Application Form 2023
Below is the step-by-step guide on filling out the NEET UG 2023 application form. Candidates are advised to follow these registration steps carefully to avoid any mistakes.
Step 1: NEET registration 2023
To start filling out the NEET UG 2023 application form at neet.nta.nic.Candidates need to click the “Fill application form” button. This will redirect them to a new page where they should click 'New Registration'. They will then be redirected to an instruction page which they should read carefully. When finished, they must click on the statement confirming they have read the instructions.
As part of the NEET-UG registration process, candidates will have to provide the following information and create a password that meets the given requirements. After registration, a provisional application number will be allotted, which will serve as a user ID for future login to neet.nta.nic.in in 2023.
To complete the NEET application form for 2023, you must enter the following information.
- Candidate's Name
- Mother's Name
- Father's Name
- Date of Birth
- State of Eligibility
- Person with Disabilities
- Identification Type
- Identification Number
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Security Pin (as displayed on the screen)
- Choose Password:-The next step in the NEET registration process requires candidates to choose a password, confirm it and provide a security question along with the answer. Candidates are advised to keep this information safe as it may be required to recover a forgotten password. Once all the information is verified, candidates can submit their NEET registration.
- Generation of provisional application number:-
- After successfully registering for NEET, a provisional application number will be generated and displayed. It is essential to note this number as it will serve as a login ID for all future NEET 2023 logins.
- Particular checklist to be verified:-
- To proceed with the NEET registration process, the candidate has to click on each section to verify all the information entered. Confirmation of all details is mandatory before proceeding, and candidates should verify all details thoroughly, as no changes can be made after submission.
Step 2: involves completing the NEET 2023 application form.
After finishing the registration process, candidates must click on 'Complete Application Form' To access the form, aspirants must log in using the provisional registration number and password. It is essential to provide all the remaining details required for the NEET 2023 application form. The other particulars to be filled in the online application form for NEET 2023 include the following:
Section 1 of the NEET application form requires personal information, including some that are automatically displayed during registration and cannot be edited. However, applicants must also fill in other essential information as listed below:
- Name of candidate: Automatically generated from registration details
- Names of mother and father: Automatically generated from registration details
- Gender: Automatically generated from registration and cannot be modified during the application correction period
- Category: Automatically generated from registration and cannot be modified during the correction
- Date of birth: Automatically generated from the registration information
- Nationality: Automatically generated from registration and cannot be modified during the correction
- Persons with disability: Automatically generated from registration and cannot be modified during a correction
- Do you belong to the Minority category?
- Are you suffering from Type 1 diabetes?
- Type of identification
- Identification number
- Aadhaar details: Aspirants must enter their Aadhaar details while filling out the NEET form.
Section 2: The NEET Entrance exam will be filled by default. Candidates will have to provide the following details.
NEET Paper Medium: NEET Question paper includes 13 Languages.
Selection of NEET 2023 exam city: Candidates must select four preferred exam cities where the test will be conducted.
Section 3 of the NEET application form requires academic details about Class 12 or its equivalent. The following 10+2 qualifying details must be entered:
- Passing status
- Year of passing/appearing
- Qualifying exam code - Check the NEET qualification code
- School location
- School type
- State of the qualifying exam
- District of the qualifying exam
- School board
- Mode of result
- Roll number
- Name and address of school/college
- Pin code of school/college
- Enter the security pin.
After filling in all the details, a pop-up notification will appear, prompting candidates to review their information carefully. The following particulars must be clicked on to confirm that all details have been entered accurately:
- Father name
- Mother name
- Date of birth
- Question paper medium
- Examination cities
- Educational details
- Click on 'I Agree’
Step 3: Uploading scanned documents and images
After filling out the NEET 2023 application form, candidates must upload scanned copies of their photographs and signature per the specifications provided. For this, candidates have to click on 'upload documents'. The required documents to upload are listed below:
The following documents must be uploaded in the NEET 2023 application form:
- Passport photograph: The photograph should have a white background, and the candidate's name and date of the photograph should be included below the image. should be in JPEG size with a range of 10kb to 200kb.
- Signature: The signature must be in black ink on white paper and scanned to a file in JPG format. The file size should be between 4 kb to 30 kb.
- Left-hand thumb impression: A digital image of the left-hand thumb impression should be uploaded on white paper with blue ink in JPG format with a size range of 10 kb to 200kb.
- Postcard size photo: Candidates should upload a postcard-size photograph in JPG format with a size between 10 kb to 200 kb, in addition to the passport-size photograph.
NEET 2023 application form: Specification of scanned documents
Step 4: Paying the NEET Application Fee
Once the documents are uploaded as per the specified instructions, the candidates will be offered the option to pay the application fee for NEET 2023. They can click “pay exam fee” and proceed with the payment. It is important to note that NEET UG 2023 application fee can be paid online only. The fee structure for the NEET 2023 application form varies depending on the candidate's category, with different fees for general, OBC/ST/SC and EWS categories Candidates can pay NEET 2023 application fee online mode only.
Payment methods accepted are Debit/Credit/Netbanking or Unified Payment Interface (UPI) using State Bank of India/Syndicate Bank/ICICI Bank/HDFC Bank/Paytm service provider. Applicants should ensure that the credit/debit card used for payment is valid. Candidates are advised to check their theory account balance and theory Internet banking credentials before submitting their application.
Keep their transaction ID receipt safe for proof of payment is important until the receipt is complete.
NEET Application Form 2023 Fees
The candidate shall bear processing charges and Goods and Services Tax (GST), as applicable.
Step 5: Printing the NEET acknowledgement receipt
After successfully paying the application fee, the candidates will receive a confirmation page or confirmation of successful submission of the NEET 2023 application. This receipt will be sent to the candidate's registered email and mobile number.
Candidates are advised to keep this confirmation and print it for reference.
Important documents to be retained till admission:
After submitting the NEET 2023 application, candidates must keep the following documents safe:
- Printout of NEET 2023 Confirmation Page
- Proof of payment of the application fee
- Uploaded 6 to 8 copies of the photo
- Copy of system-generated self-declaration for candidates from J&K who opted for seats under 15% All India Quota
Steps to Retrieve NEET Application Form 2023 Password
Candidates need to follow these instructions to get the password:
Go to candidates login and click on Forgot Password option .this open up two options.
For the first option, candidates must select “Use security question and its answer”. They must then enter the following information:
- NEET 2023 Application Number
- Security question
- Security response
- Enter a case-sensitive security PIN
After entering these details, candidates can click on "Submit" and the system will verify their details. Candidates can reset their password if the information provided is correct.
The second option is "Use verification code sent via text message (SMS) to the registered mobile number". In this case, applicants must provide the following information:
- NEET 2023 Application Number
- Date of birth (DOB) stated in the application
- Enter a case-sensitive security PIN
- After entering these details, candidates can click on “Get Verification Code”. A verification code will be sent to their registered mobile number.
After receiving the verification code, candidates must enter it in the appropriate field and click “Submit”. If the verification code is correct, candidates can reset their password.
After resetting the password, candidates can log in using their new credentials.
NEET application form 2023: Image correction
In case of any discrepancy in the uploaded photograph or signature, NTA will notify all registered candidates to correct them by the last date of submission of the NEET 2023 application form. Candidates can make corrections or corrections in their photograph/signature through the login facility provided by NTA or the correction window. Below are the steps to correct image inconsistencies:
- Click on the given link "NEET Candidate Login".
- Enter NEET Application Number and Password.
- An option to upload a correct photo/signature will appear on the screen.
- Upload the correct images according to the given specifications.
- Please verify images before sending.
- After submission, candidates will be sent an OTP number to their registered email ID and mobile number.
- Enter the given OTP number, and the NEET correction slip will appear on the screen.
- It is advisable to keep a printout of the correction slip for future reference
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1:What is the mode of filling NEET application form?
Ans: The NEET application form can be filled out online only on the official website of the National Testing Agency (NTA).
Q2:Is there any age limit for filling NEET application form?
Ans: Yes, candidates must be at least 17 years of age at the time of admission or complete by 31st December of the year they have been admitted to the first-year MBBS/BDS course.
Q3:Is an Aadhar card mandatory to fill NEET application form?
Ans: No, an Aadhar card is not mandatory to fill NEET application form. However, candidates must provide valid government IDs like PAN cards, Passports, Driving Licenses, Voter IDs etc.
Q4:Can I make corrections to the NEET application form after submitting it?
Ans: Yes, NTA provides a one-time correction facility to candidates to correct any mistakes in the NEET application form. Aspirants can make corrections online within the stipulated time frame.
Q5:Can I submit NEET application form offline?
Ans: No, the NEET application form can be submitted online only on NTA official website.
Q6:How can I pay the NEET application fee?
Ans: NEET application fees can be paid online through various modes like Debit cards, Credit cards, Net Banking, UPI or Paytm.
- Description About NEET
- Detail Analysis Of NEET
- NEET 2022 Paper Analysis
- NEET 2022 Exam Instructions
- Important Instructions for NEET
- Exam Date For NEET 2022
- Process of filling up Application Form For NEET 2022
- Registration Process For NEET 2022
- Eligibility For NEET 2022
- Syllabus For NEET
- Book For NEET 2022
- Exam Centers For NEET
- Admit Card For NEET 2022
- Result For NEET